Saturday, February 20, 2010

New York City!

So we were pretty much snowed in for the whole week except Tuesday and Friday so not much happened there. Friday night I came home and got all packed up and ready to go but I didn't get to sleep until about 2 so I was really tired the next day when we had to be at the bus stop by 6:30 in the morning. I was kind of able to sleep on the bus but it wasn't exactly comfortable so I was already tired by the time we got there but I was going to have to just suck it up. We went to our hotel to drop our stuff off and I didn't realize at that time that it was in Queens, which is pretty sketchy but it was too late to do anything about it. We went to Times Square and went to theatres to look at getting tickets to a show but it was so expensive. My roommates got tickets to see Mama Mia! but I didn't really want to see that one and a friend from Tech that I was meeting there didn't want to see it either. We ended up getting really cheap tickets to see Chicago the next day. Then we went to the Hershey store which is huge and has everything Hershey you could possibly want; giant piggy banks that look like chocolate syrup bottles, the largest Hershey bar ever and a giant spinning kiss. Then we went across the street to M&M's world where they had every M&M color ever created and it was 3 stories of memoriabilia and random stuff. My friend Nikki met us there and everyone else wanted to leave but we were still looking around so we just went off on our own. We wandered around Times Square for a little while longer and then we got bought some cheap tickets to a comedy club show for that night. We walked through central park which was covered with snow and really pretty but also so much bigger than I thought. Next we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and it was amazing. We spent a whole hour in the Egyptian area and then realized we had to be quicker to see any other exhibits. We didn't see nearly as much as we wanted to because we were getting really hungry so we met up with my roommates to go get some food. We ended up at a restaurant called Serafina and it was so good but pretty expensive too. Me and Nikki went to the comedy club after that and had to wait for a long time because there were so many people but the show was great. A guy who doesn Live from Gotham on Comedy Central Sean Patton was introducing all of the acts and he was really funny. We saw about 10 comedians in all and there were a couple who weren't that funny but overall it was a great show. The next morning we went to pick up our tickets for Chicago because we had to wait in line for a little while to get the really cheap ones. The show was at 2:30 so we only had time to eat lunch before we had to head back to the theatre. Michelle Williams from Destiny's Child was Roxy and she did a great job. The whole show was amazing and I loved the whole experience of seeing Chicago on Broadway. We went to Chinatown and shopped a little bit but didn't get any fakes or anything. We ate at a really good chinese food restaurant and decided we were going to go out that night. We went back to her hostel and my hotel and got ready and then headed out. We were planning on going to this club and it was a lot longer walk than we thought it would be so it took forever to get there and when we finally did, we found out that it was 40 dollars cash only to get in. This is after they throroughly search our purses and take away her advil and there was no way we were going to pay that so we just left and found a nice pub to get a couple of drinks. The bartender had a really nice Irish accent and every time he started talking we would just stare. The next morning we ate at a really good bakery with so many good pasteries and then just walked around the Madison Square Garden area. We went to Macy's and it was huge, a total of 8 stories. There were so many clothes that I wanted to buy them all but unfortunately I walked out without buying anything. After that I had to catch the bus back and then head to work the next day.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Girl! Sounds like you had great time in the Big Apple! I'm guessing a girl from Austin didn't pop very far up on their radar! Keep smiling and having a good time! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you for not buying anything at Macy's, hehe. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Can't wait until I get to come up and visit. But first...skiing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! You should be proud of me for not buying anything at Macy's because they had some really cute stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete